Amaretti Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Dipped Cherries
This is one of the easiest, most delicious and moist chocolate cake recipes and gluten free too! It makes a stunning alternative to Christmas pudding or cake and can be cut into small slices and served at the end of a party.
Serves: 8 slices
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 35-45 mins
- 250g plain chocolate
- 50g amaretti biscuits
- 100g ground almonds
- 150g caster sugar
- 100g softened butter
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 tbsps bottlegreen Pomegranate & Elderflower Cordial
- 100g fresh cherries
- Icing sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c, gas mark 4. Line the base and grease a 20cm springform tin. Break 150g of the chocolate into pieces and place in a heat proof bowl, melt with the bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water.
2. Place the amaretti biscuits, ground almonds and sugar into the food processor and blitz until finely ground, add the butter, eggs and 2 tbsps of cordial, process again.
3. Add the melted chocolate and briefly process again. Pour the mixture into the tin, cook for approx 35-45mins until the cake feels firm, the top will crack. Cool in the tin, remove and place on a serving plate.
4. To finish the cake, break up the remaining chocolate, place in a bowl with 2tbsps of cordial, melt as before, pour half onto a piece of non stick baking parchment, smooth with a knife, allow to set. Dip the cherries into the rest of the chocolate, leave to set on non-stick baking parchment. Using a star cutter cut out stars from the chocolate.
5. Dredge the cake with icing sugar, arrange the stars and chocolate dipped cherries over the top.