Strawberry, Elderflower & Champagne Soup
All the flavours of summer in one stunning and unusual dish. This decedent desert is perfect to serve as a very innovative twist on strawberries and cream!
Ready in: 15mins
- 400g strawberries
- 8 tbsp bottlegreen Strawberry & Elderflower Cordial
- 250ml Champagne or Cava
- 50g mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 slices medium white sliced bread
- Icing sugar
- Reserve 2 strawberries for garnish. Place the remainder in a liquidiser or food processor, add the cordial and the champagne or cava, blend until smooth, and sieve. Divide between 4 bowls.
- Mix together the mascarpone cheese and milk until smooth and a pouring consistency; swirl a little onto the top of the soup. Add slices of the reserved strawberries.
- To make the caramelised Melba toasts, toast each side of the bread, remove the crusts and slice through the middle, removing any doughy bits. Cut each piece into 2 triangles, sprinkle with sieved icing sugar, place under the grill on a low heat, cook until golden and curled, keeping a careful eye on them. Serve with the soup.