Pear and Stilton Toasts with Spiced Cranberries
Serve as a party canapé or a stunning festive starter, this recipe has all the flavours and colours of Christmas, everything can be made ahead of time and simply assembled on the day.
Ready In: 30 minutes
- 3 slices white, medium sliced bread
- 1 small pear
- 4 tbsps bottlegreen spiced berry cordial
- 100g cranberries
- 50g stilton
- 2tbsps double cream
- Handful of rocket leaves
- Toast the bread on one side, remove the crusts, cut horizontally through the middle and halve. Each slice will give you four triangles, 12 in total. Grill the remaining side until golden and curled, taking care not to burn the corners.
- Cut the unpeeled but cored pear into 12 slices. Place the cranberries and bottlegreen spiced berry cordial into a small saucepan, heat until the cranberries have softened, add the pear slices, continue to cook gently for a few minutes until just softened, cool.
- Place the stilton in a bowl, add the cream and fork together. Divide between the toasts, top with a pear slice and a spoonful of cranberries, finish with a rocket leaf.
Cook’s tip: Make the toasts ahead of time and store in an airtight container.