Red Cabbage, Apple & Turkey Coleslaw with Spiced Cranberry & Onion Dressing
Turn any left over turkey into this fabulous colourful salad, perfect after all the rich festive food and ideal for Boxing Day entertaining.
Preperation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium red cabbage
- 1 red onion
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 150g cranberries
- 6tbsps bottlegreen spiced berry cordial
- 2tbsps red wine vinegar
- 1 Cox’s apple
- 40g halved walnuts
- 100- 150g cooked left-over turkey
- Trim the stalk end of the cabbage, carefully pull away 4-6 whole leaves, reserve. Finely slice the remaining cabbage, place in a large mixing bowl.
- Peel, halve and finely slice the red onion, heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the onion and soften, add the cranberries, cordial and vinegar, continue to cook over a gentle heat for approximately 10 minutes until softened and syrupy, cool.
- Quarter, core and dice the apple. Stir the cranberry dressing and apple into the red cabbage until coated. Toss in the walnuts and turkey. Serve spooned into the red cabbage leaves, serve with cold meats or as a delicious baked potato topping.
Cooks Tip: The Cranberry dressing makes a delicious relish to serve with sausages