Seared Tuna Steaks with Lime & Coriander Salsa
You'll love the meaty texture of fresh tuna steaks, marinated in a bottlegreen Lime Cordial and olive oil mixture, then char-grilled and served with a spicy salsa.
- 3 tbsp bottlegreen Lime Cordial
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 175-200g (6-7oz) fresh tuna steaks
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/4 cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 300g (10oz) fine green beans
- 4 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Put 2 tbsp of the bottlegreen Lime Cordial into a shallow dish with 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Season with a little salt and black pepper. Add the tuna steaks, turn them to coat, then cover and leave to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing the remaining lime cordial with the red onion, chilli, cucumber and coriander. Season. Cover until ready to serve.
- 3. Cook the green beans in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain well and mix with the tomatoes and remaining olive oil.
- 4. Heat a char-grill pan or pre-heat the grill. Char-grill or grill the tuna steaks on a high heat for about 2 minutes per side – or a little longer if you prefer the tuna to be more thoroughly cooked. Serve with the green beans and salsa.